Most, if not all, individuals with a history of acne want to know the best ways how to remove blackheads for good reasons. This is because before pimples appear on the skin’s surface, these small, reddish and sometimes inflamed spots start as blackheads – pores clogged with dead skin cells and sebum (oil) exposed to air, which makes the plugged hair follicles appear as dark spots on the skin.
Thus, the prevention and removal of blackheads are essential in effective acne treatment. Think of it this way: When you can deal with blackheads as early as possible, you are in a better position to address acne more effectively, perhaps even permanently, because you have stopped the cycle at its first step.
Here are the vital tips in how to remove blackheads without worsening your skin condition, say, toward becoming pustules, nodules and cysts.
Keep Oil Off
Since oil and dead skin cells accumulating on the skin are the main cause of blackheads, it makes sense to keep oil and dead skin cells to a minimum by:
- Vital Tip #1: Washing your face 1 to 2 times a day; use warm water and hypoallergenic facial cleansers, wash your face for at least 5 minutes using gentle round strokes, and then rinsing well to remove all traces of the cleansers. Pat your skin dry.
- Vital Tip #2: Using makeup without oil in as an ingredient; look for hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic skin care products and cosmetics. Be sure to remove makeup before going to sleep and to use minimal, if at all, makeup during the day.
- Vital Tip #3: Keep hair away from your face; especially when you are working out or during humid days. Avoid using hair care products like gels, pomades and mousses because these contain oil, too.
- Vital Tip #4: Avoid face scrubs and scrubbing actions; keep in mind that gentle exfoliation via washing works best in removing blackheads while even the gentlest scrubbing can worsen your acne.
- Vital Tip #5: Avoid making close prolonged contact with your skin; beware of everyday items like phones, helmets and backpacks. These items can contain bacteria, oil and dirt that can worsen your blackheads and result in pimples.
- Vital Tip #6: No squeezing; this tip on how to remove blackheads cannot be overemphasized because squeezing any acne lesion will spread bacteria, worsen the inflammation, and cause scars. Just avoid the temptation to squeeze out the blackhead because it will not do you any good at all.
Basically, you want to avoid the blackhead from developing into a pimple with aggressive methods to prick, squeeze and remove it.
Use Pore Strips
You can also use over-the-counter pore strips. These are medicated products containing a gentle exfoliator combined with an effective cleanser that aid in unclogging the pores and, hence, removing the blackheads.
Use the pore strips according to instructions. Applying a strip for far too long or for a shorter time will diminish its effect.
Apply Topical Treatments with Due Care
Apply products that can be used on the skin to remove the build-up of oil, dead skin cells and dirt with proper and appropriate care:
- Benzoyl peroxide will lessen the amount of oil on the skin; but if you use this method be aware of the benzoyl peroxide hidden dangers.
- Salicylic acid that slows down the skin’s natural sloughing process, thus, preventing the fast build-up of dead skin cells.
- Resorcinol acid that aids in restoring the skin’s health.
Natural Remedies for Blackheads
Don’t be surprised at the lack of quality blackhead natural remedy guides on the net. I eventually stumbled across a couple of good solutions when trying to rid my severe acne problem targeting nature’s holistic miracle cures. However… they’re not free, but are a fraction of the price when compared to the methods shown above and the quality is excellent with a 97% proven cure rate.
It is very affordable and definitely the best value for money
I’ve found so far!
Find Out More…
Both products are naturally advanced multi-dimensional physiological treatment systems, based on current medical advancements advocated by nutritionists and medical professionals.
Both systems have been systematically and clinically tested for their rehabilitative and curative methods to completely eliminate blackheads, and come with fully detailed in depth how to instructions and remedies.
Go and find out for yourself – you’ll be surprised!
Natural Remedies Resources
#1. Acne No More Miracle – my favored system
#2. Acne Free In 3 Days.